When I reflect on my course work these past nine weeks, it is incredible how much knowledge I have gained and how much I have enjoyed working with other kaiako around the country. I feel very blessed to have been in such an honest and helpful bubble within the digital format. I was so lucky to have supportive facilitators throughout the course, who have guided me through each learning activity. I have also been lucky to have wonderful colleagues who have supported me and encouraged me throughout the course.
I am so proud of the connections I have made throughout the course and that I attempted the google level 1 exam. It definitely put me in the shoes of my tauira completing the exam. It was a challenge to work through insecurities when answering questions and trusting that I had the skills and knowledge to complete the questions.
I now feel I would be more equipped if we had to move back to online learning. However I was proud of the site I built with my colleague and the learning we created together for our tauira during lockdown. I feel I challenged myself by filming the instructions for the work I set and it is something I would do again. I have tried to bring it into my akomanga by recording my voice and adding it into my slides.
If we were to go back into online learning I would create more independence with students tracking their own work (this is something I introduced into the classroom post lockdown) and I would make my google meets more fun and creative. I think the biggest thing I learned with online learning was how much creativity was important for engaging students and making the learning fun from home. I saw the importance of connecting with my students and being able to provide some one on one sessions was so powerful for improving students learning and connecting with my tauira.
I would like to continue using video and audio recordings in my learning to break down what the students have to do. I think I would write down what I am covering in my google meets to track how I am using them. The biggest thing I would considering changing is working out how I could use google meet times to engage students in collaborative learning activities either by putting them into teams or creating fun challenges for them.
Finally I want to thank the facilitators for all their work and effort they have put in to all of us, I have gained so much from you generously sharing your knowledge. It is inspiring and I hope one day to be as brave as you and share my knowledge too by continuing this blog and sharing my reflections on what I learn with my students and colleagues.

No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post