“Ko te reo te taikura ō te whakaaro marama - language is the key to understanding".
The Manaiakalani pedagogy of empowered is important when improving educational outcomes for our tauira. I found it thought provoking considering the power of language and how that can either invite or disengage our whānau in their children's education. I like how the word empowered connects to rangatiratanga and with the treaty principles.
I found the learning today perhaps the most challenging for me. I am not very confident with coding and knowing how to effectively use the sites available. It was certainly valuable to step in the shoes of my tauira and see which sites and apps were easy to use and engaging to work on.
I know my students already enjoy minecraft and I am looking forward to trying this in the classroom with my tauira. I can see how it links nicely with Scratch, it has similar appearance with the coding instructions and you can test what you have coded. I really appreciated its simplicity and how the tasks were set for students.
I look forward to integrating more coding into the akomanga and helping my tauira to make connections with language of coding. I also hope to learn more from my fellow kaiako and how they are implementing coding in the classroom.
I wonder what sites people use and find the most beneficial in the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post